In Ask Dr. Franz

Q: My son had one abnormal thyroid lab. Do I need to go to the endocrine doctor?

Ans: No you do not.

When we check thyroid- there are six labs that need to be checked: Free T4 Free T3 TSH Reverse T3, TPO and thyroglobulin antibodies. If there is cause for concern, the first thing we do is stop gluten and dairy. Get the child’s body type at and then see Dr Loi. We have had great results with Chinese medicine correct early thyroid issues. It has been reproducible and consistent.


Thanks for asking!
We love helping improve the health of your family.

Dr Franz

Recent Posts